Sunday, January 1, 2012

Prolonged sitting affects the muscles adversely

TITLE PAGE 2: SEDENTARY DANGER





“ men who reported more than 23 hours a week of sedentary activity (other than sleeping 8 hours a day) had a 64% greater risk of dying from heart disease than those who reported less than 11 hours a week of sedentary activity.  Many of these men routinely exercised.  They recommended hourly mini-breaks, even 1 minute long throughout the day to helps movement of muscles and provide health benefits.”


                        From Introduction to Clinical Nutrition, Third edition, Vishwanath Sardesai, CRC Press,  p19 and 20.




I believe that road trips in the car would affect my weight the most. 
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...