Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What is more important: weight loss or lower saturated fats? Look Ahead DATA #2

Slide from Nathan Lazarus at OMA meeting in Washington D.C, 2015


I went to the NLA Pittsburgh meeting 2 weeks before this Obesity meeting.  I was surprised the NLA PART lifestyle guidelines advised a diet with saturated fat less that 10% and cholesterol less than 200 mg/d. 

I found out that Look Ahead advised its lifestyle arm to eat less than 30% of calories from fat, with < 10% from saturated fat. 
Below are 3 graphs showing 10 years of data.  
The red circles are the control data.  
There was no difference in outcome data making this a negative trial.  
What does this say about lifestyle changes of saturated fat less 10% and low fat diet in the lifestyle change group?   








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...