Thursday, May 31, 2018

High Protein Diet calculated from Lean Body Weight

I recently read that high protein diet is 1gram of protein per pound. 
In the obese you must calculate your lean body weight. 
I show how I did it with a body compositions scale below. 
This is from my book The Chronic Disease of Obesity



My body impedance composition analysis (BIA) states at 211 pounds right now 5-31-18:

My body fat% is within range for someone with normal activity (not athletic).

My basal metabolic rate is calculated at 1758 calories to maintain my weight without exercise.

If I have a moderate activity level my calorie intake would be 2637 calories to maintain body weight.

Every decade a persons metabolism slows down by 2%.  I believe the BIA takes age into account.

However the BIA does not take into account the reduced metabolism of the Reduced Obese.  It's well known that with 8-10% weight loss, exercise metabolism reduces by 42%. In general when a naturally lean person walks a mile he burns approximately 100 calorie.  The Reduced Obese with Sponge syndrome only burn 58 calories per mile.

Actually it is worse than that as low Leptin causes the resting metabolism to slow down to help regain fat.  70% of resting metabolism is from non-muscles such as Brain, Kidneys, Liver and other organs.  The Reduced Obese often feel cold all the time.  The BIA does not take this into account.

I take Invokana as a type 2 Diabetic.  That means I urinate out about 200 calories a day of glucose.

Nutritional ketosis also urinates calories out in the form of ketones.

In general, the high protein of Atkins, causes satiety and people tend to eat up to 500 less calories a day excluding most carbohydrates but more fat.

In general to maintain weight most people need to stay around 1500 calories.

How people in National Weight Control Registry maintain weight loss link

Lets hypothetically say my exercise would only burn half of what BIA states. So instead of 880 calories from exercise it might be more accurate at 440 calories in the Reduced Obese with low Leptin.

Thus 1758 + 440 =  2198 calories to maintain my weight loss.








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...