Wednesday, July 25, 2018

My 32 hour fast

On morning of fast after a low carb day (less than 25 g)
I rarely have a fasting glucose of 150.  I am not on insulin as I am on LCHF or Atkins (less than 50 g CHO/d) and on Invokana, Victoza, Metformin and recently Actos 10 mg a day.  Off insulin. Usually my ketone level is around 1.0



MIDNIGHT.  I never get to glucose 88 on LCHF 50 g CHO.  Not eating helps my glucose.  Famine would cure the obesity epidemic.  This is 23 hours into the fast.  I was hungry last night and ate a lettuce, celery, onion, pickle salad with red wine vinegar and a teaspoon of olive oil. Internet says eating 50 calories will not disturb fasting state? It didn't hurt my fast as demonstrated by my 32 hour fast numbers below.


32 hours into Fast.
Please note how glucose goes up with sleep due to liver putting glucose into blood stream.  Not due to eating during the night.
I have never had a ketone level this high.  I feel fine with it.  I wasn't starving this AM but I did enjoy my 3 eggs 3 slices of bacon Coffee with a little cream.























No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...