Friday, November 9, 2018

At some point get advanced lipid testing for particle count


Thanks to Dr Thomas Dayspring for his great mentoring of me and thousands of others.   Dr. Dayspring posted the article below.  I was lucky to record a great discussion in Cincinnati National Lipid Association meeting between Dayspring and Sniderman.  For most purposes non-LDLc is sufficient to find discordance.  But get at least one advanced lipid testing to be certain as well as Lp(a).


Waist > 40 inches in men is one of five criteria for metabolic syndrome
Thus I coined the term Tubby Factor to tell these people to calculate their non-HDLc to look for discordance as with Tim Russert who had LDLc 68 yet had sudden cardiac death.

The Tubby Factor explained link




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...