Friday, November 30, 2018

My new CIMT data as Black Swan against the ROOT CAUSE of IR

I have written before that I believe Insulin resistance is an important risk factor as part of metabolic syndrome.

However my keeping my LDLp very low over the decades I have had regression of CIMT thickness despite HgbA1c 7.9.

I have had DM 2 since 1999.
I have been obese most of my life.
I have controlled my blood pressure with medicine.

I started Low carbohydrate High fat diet in 2011.
Lab records link
I didn't need LCHF to correct my TG/HDL ratio.
Triglyceride 65
HDLc 51
LDLp 656
On Crestor

I went on LCHF for weight loss or at least to not gain more weight.

Over the decades the one risk factor I have been able to control extremely well was my lipid panel. 

I struggled with weight loss and regain.  I struggled with tight control of my Hgb A1c but not my LDLp.

Readers, please take note.
Do what works for all risk factors.
No matter what stress in your life, no matter where you are in your commitment to your program at the moment you can still take a statin or a nicotinic acid (enduracin) very easily and cheaply.

Atherosclerosis occurs from lifelong exposure to nonHDLc greater than 110 or LDLp greater than 1,000.

Keep those numbers low as I did and you will probably prevent progression of disease regardless of diet or poor control of blood glucose.

I did it and I proved it here

This is long term data.
Very important distinction of people who take CIMT's a few times a year
with short term changes in diet.

Regression Over Nine Years

  DATE                     CCA MEAN              CCA MAX

12-17-09                    0.599                            0.741

11-29-18                    0.567                            0.643
                                                   
Change                      0.32 less                      0.91 less



In the future all Family Docs and Internist will do routine CIMT's on all their patients to monitor and find early atherosclerosis. Then to treat early disease.
 I did this in 2010 with 200 patients in Tubby Theory from Topeka


 My not fasting advanced lipid profile 11-19-18  I was off lipitor for one month






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...