Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I memorized 15 items in my Memory Palace.



I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in December 2017, 16 months ago.

I was delighted to find that I could remember 15 items via my Memory Palace.

Last year on my last memory test I forgot the fourth item on a list of four things they asked me to remember.  I tried to use color association back then and it failed.  Stress of the test?

In the book they suggest you make 12 memory palaces.
The author says it takes about an hours work to remember 10 minutes of a poem

I would like to remember two songs.

A Red, Red Rose

O my Luve is like a red, red rose 
   That’s newly sprung in June; 
O my Luve is like the melody 
   That’s sweetly played in tune. 

So fair art thou, my bonnie lass, 
   So deep in luve am I; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
   Till a’ the seas gang dry. 

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear, 
   And the rocks melt wi’ the sun; 
I will love thee still, my dear, 
   While the sands o’ life shall run. 

And fare thee weel, my only luve! 
   And fare thee weel awhile! 
And I will come again, my luve, 
   Though it were ten thousand mile.

I have memorized it before and I sang it to my wife on cruises. 
But I forget and I have to refresh. 
 I would really like to have it at any time.  

My Dad was in the Air Force for 20 years. 
In my childhood grew up on Air Force bases. 
I was very proud of my Dad being a Captain.
I knew a few verses of the Air Force Anthem.

Lyrics to the Air Force Song 

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder, 
At 'em, boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!) 
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar! 
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey! 
Nothing will stop the U.S. Air Force!
Minds of men fashioned a crate of thunder, 
Sent it high into the blue;
Hands of men blasted the world asunder;
How they lived God only knew! (God only knew then!)
Souls of men dreaming of skies to conquer 
Gave us wings, ever to soar! 
With scouts before And bombers galore. Hey! 
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!
I suspect each song will take an hour to put into two memory palaces. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...