Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Still enjoy learning despite 17 months since my diagnosis made.




"The Balkan peninsula is, according to some definitions, what lies south of the rivers Sava and Danube from the city of Belgrade."  

"Slovenia, too, was once part of Yugoslavia. It is their recent independence that has allowed for the Slovenes to re-proclaim their desire to be considered Central European".

Is Slovakia part of the Balkans- No link
Slovakia was a part of Czechoslovakia and gained indendence in 1993 when splitting from Czech Republic after democratic elections

Kosovo is still part of Serbia. 


Which Present Day Countries Were Once a Part of Yugoslavia?
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina.
  • Croatia.
  • Macedonia.
  • Montenegro.
  • Serbia.
  • Slovenia.






Through my life, I am chagrined to admit I often confused Baltic States and Balkan states, despite knowing WWI began with the assassination in Sarajevo and had a close childhood friend who was born in Estonia. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...