Sunday, May 5, 2019

Gretchen Reynold's NYT article on Exercise helping memory



This is an excerpt from Gretchen Reynold's NYT article


At KUMCR where I am participating in an Alzheimer's trial (non-treatment), I was told to do at least 150 minutes of exercise a week.

I think it is also important to keep LDLp less than 1,000 or LDLc less than 70.
Blood pressure should be kept as low as possible.
Blood glucose should be controlled as best as possible.
I keep my weight down with diet medications including diabetic meds such as Invokana, Victoza and Metformin.

Other than that I try not to try every nostrum on the internet.
I try to concentrate on having fun.
I am taking a Mediterranean cruise next month.  Very excited about it.


Gretchen Reynold's article with my editing to make reading easier for an Alzheimers patient link






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...