Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Comment on Dr. Paul Mason's 1 hour 12 minute pod cast with Ivor





Published on Jun 8, 2019
Dr. Paul Mason hour long pod cast in Colorado link 
I listened to the whole podcast.
Some subject I am well schooled in. I'm on LCHF since 2011. I have been DM2 since 1999. If Glycated LDLp was the most important risk factor I would be dead already because I keep my Hgb A1c around 7.8 Despite Atkins diet I have not had a level glucose as Paul suggests would be okay. I am healthy because I take statin and keep my LDLp below 750. If you have a low level of LDL particles it doesn't really matter how many of them are small in size. I advised CAC for my patients with one risk factor. Paul and Ivor agree with me. Paul gets yearly CIMT on his patients to monitor progress of plaque. I asked patients to get them every 2 years. Ivor doesn't like CIMT's because he thinks many are done by non-skilled ultrasound tech and unreliable places that sell them. There are solutions to those concerns. I have been getting mine at a apheresis clinic with the same tech each year at Kansas University Medical Center. Many of the ideas Paul has are interesting but not substantiated. Lp(a) greater that 50 is likely an inherited disease. I doubt there are healthy LDLp. Paul and Ivor talk about a patient with LDLc or p? of 2200. As Dr Krauss says, long term exposure to those numbers are toxic.   Find a few dark swans does not change that model.  The lower the LDLp the better.
I look forward to long term data (5-10) years of Dr. Mason's 500 patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...