Monday, March 30, 2015

One minute 40 second video on why we regain our weight loss

HBO Weight Loss Nation link


The above video shows why the reduced obese regain their weight.

Someone who has lost more than 10% of their body weight will always have to eat 20% less than someone the same weight who has never been on a weight loss diet.

Bottom line: You need to stay on a low calorie diet (sub-starvation) the rest of your life to maintain your weight loss.

Exercise metabolism is reduced in the reduced obese.

Metabolism decreases 2% every decade.


2 comments:

  1. What does exercise metabolism is reduced in the reduced obese mean? Does it mean that when I'm cycling at 15mph, I'm actually cycling at 13mph? Does it mean I'm creating energy out of nothing? Does it mean anything at all?
    Garry Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general, walk a mile burns 100 calories. In the reduced obese the exercise metabolism is reduced so that you burn only 68 calories.

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...