Friday, November 28, 2014

5 years ago The Tubby Theory anticipated IMPROVE-IT positive result in 11-14

Update on Tubby Theory post IMPROVE-IT Trial

IMPROVE-IT trial affirms the validity of combination drug therapy in this positive trial with Vytorin.  A pill that has both simvastatin and ezetimibe (Zetia).

I wrote about Zetia 5 years ago in my book, The Tubby Theory of Topeka. 

IMPROVE-IT affirms the advice of combination drug therapy that I gave in 2010. 

Zetia plus statin is now evidence based. 

This clears the way for Niacin in combination with statin in patients unable to afford Vytorin or Zetia. 

At low dose 1,000 mg Endur-acin (wax matrix niacin) is very safe. 

Safety concerns about Niacin are misplaced, I believe, as written in Laropiprant is the bad one


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...