Thursday, December 27, 2018


From the top of the cruise ship I noticed an enormous structure by itself on the hill. 

We are docked very close to the airport in Bali. 

I was told it was the third largest statue in the world. 

It is more like the fourth largest if you count the Unity statue in India.

"Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue is the symbol of God Vishnu riding the great Garuda as his trusted companion. The statue is designed to be one of the world’s largest and highest monumental statue in the world. Total height of the statue is 120m, consists of 24 segments and formed with 754 modules made of copper and brass coated patina acid."

GWK Park site link


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...