Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Gardner's new trial on LCHF vs LFHC diets being equally effective.



I have heard Dr. Gardner speak at an Obesity Conference in Orlando.
I like his work.
His latest work from JAMA on February 20, 2018, states LFHC diet vs. HFLC diet are the same at losing weight after one year.

This is a good start but if the LCHF are not in nutritional ketosis most of the time, I think Dr. Gardner misses the main point of an Atkins type diet. 

My new book is all about weight loss maintenance.  
The reason people regain weight is because they never lose the tremendous number of fat cells which when shrunken after weight loss cause a low leptin level.   The low leptin level causes the brain to think the body is starving.  

In my personal experience and research I have discovered that
1- any diet (unless it is 1,000 to 15,000 a day for life, even weekends)
2- any amount of exercise 
3- nutritional ketosis from low calories or LCHF (Atkins type) 

will not prevent slow regain due to the Sponge Syndrome. 

The only way to prevent weight regain is with multiple diet medications.
I go into this in detail in my book, The Chronic Disease of Obesity published iUniverse in Feb. 2018.




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...