Tuesday, May 15, 2018

How do diets affect lipids. Depends on time lab done.


These are 3 slides about weight loss and lipids.  I have more notes.  Lets just say in general weight loss  is good for overall health.  However,  if you have positive CAC I advise statin Rx if non-HDLc is over 80 or LDLp over1,000

I lost 80 pounds but with DM and CAC positive and in NK with Low carbohydrate High Fat diet I still take Atorvastatin 10 mg and Enduracin (niacin) 1,000 mg and Lovaza 2,000 mg to keep LDLc less than 70, non-HDLc less than 80,  and LDLp less than 750.  I have had DM2 for 20 years my HgbA1c goes between 6.5 and 7.5,  See my sequential CAC and CIMT results Results link













No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...