Saturday, July 21, 2018

What CAC score should be treated with Statins?


I applaud Cummings and Gerber for their advocacy of getting CAC's early as I did in my book The Tubby Theory from Topeka 2010.


However they never specify at what CAC score should statins, niacins or Zetia be started?

Published 2018



Above "But even a HIGH CAC score is NOT necessarily a problem- IF you take action on it."

Above "The only snag: you can't lower your CAC score with the orthodox approach of a low-fat diet and MEDICATION."




Above : "Greater than 400 means it's write-the-will time--or else address all ROOT CAUSES immediately so you can get to safety."  No mention of statins.



Above  "But the majority of the heart attacks occur in this middle risk category not the high risk." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...