Friday, April 23, 2021

Why did I develop Alzheimers

List of risks:

 1- Mid-life hearing loss. 
I got hearing aides at age 65 yo for mild hearing loss.

 2- Failure to complete secondary education.
 I went all the way to completing an Infectious disease fellowship.

3- Failure to treat depression early
Began treating my dysphoria in my forties with Prozac

4- Smoking
I never smoked

5- Physical inactivity
I exercised my whole life. 

6- Social isolation
I didn't go out to bars but I had friends and family

7- High Blood Pressure 
I began Ramipril in 1998 when I was diagnosed with DM2

8- Obesity
I have been obese most of my life 1% risk

9- Type Two Diabetes.  2% risk
Diagnosed in 1998

10- Excessive alcohol usage. 
I only began drinking in last 10 years.

11- Tramatic Brain Injury 3.4% risk

12- Air pollution 

The total of my risk factors equals 6.4%

However was heterozygous positive for AZ gene. Add 16%?

That is a total of 20% risk.

My poor interrupted sleep over the years a physican should be considered.  

I got a CPAP in 1968. 

My uncle died from AZ,

Put all these factors together with a positive Pet Scan for Amyloid 

I recieved the diagnosis of AZ in December 2017.



"Impression: Findings are metabolically compatible with moderate to severe diffuse beta amyloid pathology involving the bilateral temporal, occipital and frontal lobes." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...