Thursday, April 22, 2021

Intermittent fasting is helping bring my Glucose down after ice cream.

Yesterday my glucose was 150 and ketones 1.9 at 9:00 AM after skipping breakfast at 12:05 PM after 13 hour fast Glucose was 137 and ketones 2.8 Today my glucose was 168 and ketones 2.1 at 6:53 AM After 13 hour fast my glucose went down to 155 and ketones went up to 3.1 I was doing 16 hour fasts but after a while paradoxically my glucose went up. I believe it was due to chronic stress of fasting and it raise my cortisol level. In Wiki: "Glucagon during fasting When fasting the hormone glucagon is stimulated and this increases plasma glucose levels in the body. If a patient doesn't have diabetes, their body will produce insulin to rebalance the increased glucose levels."

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...