Saturday, September 8, 2018

Want to lose weight get sick

"UPDATE 9-5-18
I was on a seven day cruise out of Paris to Normandy.  Very nice. Great drink package and met good Australian drinking buddies. Good time. I keep on LCHF on cruise with occasional bite of ice cream. 
I stopped lifting weights on this trip and since the trip.  I have been disappointed with trying to get more muscle with  less fat. I ate 200 gram protein a day and got up to two sets of 25 reps.  Increased weight as it got easier so that I would feel the burn in the last few repetitions. At 66 yo I am on testosterone 100mg/d yet it is an effort and while I did look better, my weight went up as I was on low dose Actos to improve my FBS.  No real difference in FBS, around 150.
I will still lift weights and walk 20 minutes a day for health. However in accordance with my Bon Vivant diet I will not push the protein (at least 110 g/d) high fat and try not to eat any carbs.  I am not hungry on meds. 
This last week I had diverticulitis.  I took flagyl and bactrim.  Flagyl causes an antabuse reaction so I have not drank any alcohol for last 10 days. 

DATE           Weight           Glucose       Ketones
7-2017          199.2 lbs       136              0.6
8-1-18            217.8 lbs      154                       Before Paris Cruise
8-13-18          219.6 lbs      144                       After Paris cruise, plane ride
9-6-18            209.4 lbs      189              0.6   Diverticulitis, no ETOH 10d

           










No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...