Thursday, April 18, 2019

Get a hearing test early. It may suggest you are at risk for Dementia


I might be interested in the last book but it might be too depressing for me

The other six books are nonsense.  It sells the false hope of Alzheimer’s.

My book is more optimistic in the short run.

Don't waste your time looking for a cure.

Use your last years to have fun.

16 months after my Dx was made I am optimistic.

My wife and I made  two more vacation plans for 2020.

I truly believe I will finish year two of my  series.

I am already writing about the fifth month of the second year.

When I first had the Dx confirmed in Dec 2017, I looked up the data on Aricept.

Aricept seemed to prevent decline of cognition for two years. Thus I only expected two
good years

If you survive 5 years after a diagnosis of cancer you are considered a survivor.

This is why I suggest people don't read book about the end stage of the disease.

Too much doom and gloom.

Instead get a hearing test. If you have hearing loss do an aggressive testing for dementia to catch it early.




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...