Saturday, May 4, 2019

Non-HDLcholesterol goes up off Lipitor 10 mg for one month


I went off Lipitor 10 mg a day for a period of a month to see if my memory would get better with Alzheimer's.
I still have short term memory loss so it is very difficult to tell.
My non-HDL Cholesterol went up to 110 from 70.
My non-fasting  triglycerides went up to 118 from 90 despite taking Nicotinic acid 1,000 mg a day and increasing my Lovaza (omega 3's) to 4,000 mg a day.
The next part of my experiment is to wait for my LDLp level to come back.
Then I will start Zetia instead of going back to Lipitor.



The above lab from 4-2-19 was after being off Niacin and Omega 3's.
I was on Lipitor (atorvastatin 10 mg)
This was after a 34 day Oceania cruise around Australia.
Non-HDL cholesterol was excellent at 70.
NON-fasting triglycerides were excellent at 90.

I have been on Atkins or Low carb high fat diet since 2011.
Usually I am in nutritional ketosis.






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...