Saturday, June 22, 2019

End of personal experiment with stopping my statin



Advanced NMR tests





                                  2-28 on Statin                          5-1 on Niacin                     6-17 onNiacin/Zetia

LDLp                                640                                        816                                         1034

non-HDLc                          85                                        109                                             91

Triglyceride                       172 Non Fasting                  113  Non Fasting                74 fasting

Total Cholesterol               135                                       175                                              154 

LDLc                                 51                                          86                                                76

Remnants                            24                                         18                                                15                                        

HDLc                                   50                                        66                                                63

HDLp                                 640                                     816                                            1033
                                                                                              


Adding Zetia did decrease all my numbers except LDLp
Perhaps because I just returned from a 12 day Mediterranean cruise?
My weight actually improved by 2 pounds on my return.
HDLc decreased by 3 points despite being on the Beverage Package.

6-22-19
Ketones 0.8
Glucose 151
Weight 210.5 pounds


Difficult to tell if my memory improved.
I suspect not.
I will add a half dose of atorvastatin 10 mg (5 mg) and check it again.
I really want my LDLp to be less than 1,000.

I think the benefit of adding a low dose statin to get LDLp less than 1,000 is much more important than questionable memory improvement.

As I have written memory is overrated.

"Together they present a picture of
page1image53008192
a man who passed into the state in which “ideas and consciousness cease to be” without the slightest resistance. Two sentences from his valedictory have echoed through the ages. “All compounded things decay. Work out your own salvation with diligence.”
From:
Smith, Huston. The World's Religions, Revised and Updated: A Concise Introduction . HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

Last night I gave a short speech at my son's rehearsal dinner. 
 I wrote it last week and unlike others I did not read from an iPhone script. 
 I wrote down the title of each paragraph and was able to remember from that.

I can still do my two memory palaces each day. 
 55 countries of Europe and my top trips.
 My first memory palace link

My short term memory and math skills are bad. 

This blog is to help people learn how to get into the depths of an advanced lipid testing.  
The worse thing that can happen to an Alzheimer's patient is to get a stroke or heart attack,
not a little worsening of memory.   
With stress and hurry I make quick and bad judgements.  
The Alzheimer's society gives an easy meditation technique. 

Shaa
Thaa

Nhaa
Mhaa




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...