Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My annual vist to my Florida neurologist bring good news.

 Annual visit to Florida neurologist.

March 23, 2021


I have three neurologists. 

Dr. Elliott made my diagnosis in Dec. 2017.

Dr. Swerdlow is my KUMC Research center neurologist. He entered me into my non-treatment study.  I have had three years of scans with the study but I am not told the results. 

I have a neurolgist close to home in Topeka.


Dr. Elliott gave me some good  news.  There should be an IV infusion given once a month to take away the amyloid plaques. 


I am thinking I will continue all of the ReCode medication I am already taking. 

I told Dr. Elliott about my subdural.  He was very concerned as I am on an anticoagulant.  

I told him about my festination. 

He did a foot tapping test with which I did poorly.


He then stood behind me and did a “pull test” to see how quickly recovered.  It was clear to him I was having problems similar to Parkinsonism, which I don’t have but enough neurons have been compromised by my Alzheimers to cause similar symptoms. 


He asked me to walk in the pool 30 minutes three times a week.  


This is my link to my visit last year with 

my MOCA test 


This year he didn’t do a MOCA as he felt it wasn’t sensitive enough.

I told him I have more extensive testing at KUMC Memory center.  He asked me to send me the results of those tests. 


I remember when I had a finger tapping test at one cognitive test in 2017.  I thought I had done well. The tester said 80 year old men could do better.


The Big News was a new drug coming out this June. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...