Friday, March 5, 2021

My big accomplishment today

 It took two days but with the help of my wife we assembled this Keiser bike. 


We came to a standstill on the first day when we could not line up the screw holes of the fly wheel despite multiple attemtps.  
On the second day, I called the help line.  He said just line up the top hole and when you put the hub cap just don't move the fly wheel when you put the first screw in. 
I told him that is easier said than done.  This is a bad design.  The help line said he was sorry about that.  
It is difficult even for him sometimes. I said okay we will try again. 
I tried a new approach.  I put the (heavy) bike on my desk to work on it. 

I also got a flashlight.
We finally succeeded on getting the flywheel on. 
 

This was a major accomplishment for me with my Alzheimer's.  
I couldn't have done it without my wife's help. 
I was surprised how I maintained my cool and and did not get too frustrated 
while my wife was crusing like a sailor and got very angry.  

I have been taking Ashwagandha twice/day to relieve stress and improve sleep.
She is only taking one each night.  Time for her to go to 2X/day?

I got this bike after listening to Dr Issacson on Peter Attia's podcast say that 10,000 steps a day is not good enough exercise.  Dr Issacson said High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is crucial. 
However on Dr. Attia's recent Q and A live podcast he emphasized his ZONE TWO exercise level to get the most beneficial lactate level.  His zone requires a steady low level of exercise.  
To make certain I do the correct amount of watts, I purchased the above bike he advised.  Pricey at $1.300 but the real challenge turned out to be the home assembly. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...