Sunday, September 19, 2021

You will not get this advice from any other Alzheimer's book.

 Being overweight and having diabetes mellitus are risk factors for Alzheimers. 

Best approach is to make diagnosis of pre-diabetes early and then start an Atkins type diet to prevent becoming diabetic. 

I have had DM type 4 since around 1990. 

Worse thing I did was go on insulin.  I gained more weight. 

I have insulin resistance and I had to keep increasing my insulin dosage to get my sugar down

Finally an endocrine MD got me off insulin with invokana.  

I did this with one of my obesity patients here link

I have progressed from Victoza to Ozempic and there has been a significant differenc. 

 History of my diet medicatons link.


I missed my Ozempic 1.0 mg a week by four days. 

I went right back on my high dose.  My appetite did not increase after four days.  The second night back on Ozempic I threw up after dinner.  I had had two glasses of wine as well.  No hint of nausea just boom and I threw up with ease 3 times. 

wegovy (semaglutide)

Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake.

 The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.

I take Ozempic 1.0 mga week. 

As time goes by and the 1.0 not effective I can see myself slowly increasing my semaglutide up to 2.4 mg. 

Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. 

The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.



This has happened years before on lower doses of Victoza. 


Obviously I should have slowly increased my dose of Ozempic. 




wegovy (semaglutide)

Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake.

 The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.

I take Ozempic 1.0 mg week. 

As time goes by and the 1.0 not effective I can see myself slowly increasing my semaglutide up to 2.4 mg. 

Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. 

The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.

My data with Ozempic and breaking through the plateau. 

Plateau and Set Point link

Recently with Ozempic I broke through my 210 lb plateau.  

After my France 2 week cruise I actually lost a lb to 209.

Now back on my moring fasting routine I have gone down to 205 lbs. 

September 16, 2021

Glucose 104 (usually I run fasting 150)

Blood ketone 5.2 (very good for AZ patient) 

Weight 194. 5 lbs

Fat %. 23.4

H2o % 57.4

After vomiting my dinner on Sept 10

Sept 19 2021

Weight 193.7  (new adult low)

Glucose 91 (amazing rarely get this low)

Ketone





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...