Monday, December 16, 2019

I have obtained much better glucose levels with intermittent fasting





I have obtained much better glucose levels with intermittent fasting as determined by multiple glucose checks with Continuous Glucose Monitoring. 

I have coffee in AM and again at Noon to put off food as long as possible. 

Today after 2 coffees at 12:25 PM
I had CGM 90.
Glucose stick was 99.
Ketones went from 3.2 in AM to 5.3




This improvement in my glucose has motivated me to stay with intermittent fasting.
I have Alzheimers and want to have better glucose control.
If I can do that with skipping breakfast and putting off lunch as long as I can, I will do it. 
I always was taught to not skip breakfast.
I thought when I did skip breakfast I became hyperphagic and overate. 
I am on Victoza and Belviq which helps me with my appetite. 
I also take Invokana which causes me to urinate about 200 calories of glucose/day 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...