Friday, December 20, 2019

Plateau success over Holidays with Intermittent Fasting



I finally decided to try Intermittent Fasting on November 9, 2019
I was never against IF except for concern of nitrogen balance. 
The main reason I didn't advise it in my book 
THE CHRONIC DISEASE OF OBESITY
was because I thought IF was too restrictive for long term dieting. 
Also the usual belief was that breakfast was essential. 
I thought for myself when I skipped breakfast I overate at lunch.
I skipped  breakfast through High School. 
With coffee I find I can do IF and cope with the hunger. 
I am motivated to stick with it because IF has improved my glucose levels
Today I am impressed that IF broke through my plateau to 208 pounds
I achieved this with only walking 4,000 to 7,000 steps a day
I do have the advantage of taking 
Belviq for hunger
Victoza for hunger
Invokana to urinate glucose 
Metformin for DM

I want to control my glucose better as I have Alzheimer's.
I hope to slow the progression of my disease. 
I also keep my LDLp down to extreme low of 333.
This is a unique approach to Alzheimers. 
I have done well with my CIMT's due to my low numbers despite 
poor control of Hemoglobin A1c.







No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...