Friday, March 11, 2022

Falling off a cliff of Alzheimers wth Subarachoid Hemorhage.


 Today I fell off my first cliff of Alzheimers 
First scan

Literally, when I started up the basement stairs last night I fell back and hit my head very hard although I don't remember anything about the event.  Next thing I knew woke up in St Luke's Kansas city trauma ICU.

I was transferred by helicopter after the first MRI showed a subarachnoid bleed to rule out an aneurysm with a CT angiogram.

Second scan:



Subsequent MRI showed less of a bleed. I have been on blood thinners.

No doubt I had too much alcohol that night


Ginger ran down to the basement after she heard a loud crash. 

The two large newfie dogs followed her down. 

The male dog was very concerned as I layed there unconcious. 

He started barking which caused the female to bark also. 

My wife called 911 for an ambulance. 

Once the bleed was discovered they were worried I had a vascular anuresym and transferred me to a place in Kansas city called St. Lukes.

I woke up when the ambulance arrived. 

I talked a fair amount to my wife.

I told her if I died I wanted her to know how much I loved her and appreicatied all she had done for me. 

My wife said I asked her a 100 times where am I and she told me we were at Stormont Vail hospital

Then I would ask why we were there.

She told me I had fallen.  

I was very surprised I had fallen.

Ginger said we had this conversation for what seemed 100 times.

We were at Stormont from 9 PM till 3 AM.

I don't remember being at Stormont at all.

Ginger drove herself and the 2 dogs to St. Lukes.

She left the two dogs at her daughters house.

At home today I had a home visit by a speach therapist. 

She gave me a MOKA test which I have eperience with. 

I had a perfect shore 30 out of 30.

Now a week after that exam my memory is still bad despite my new MRI showing that the subarachnoid bleed has been reabsorbed.

My main complain is fatique. 

By the middle of the day I am very tired. 

My labs have been normal.  

Thus I have some empathy with Chronic Fatique Syndrome.

 prior cognitive exams link






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...