Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Why worry about short term memory if I can still explore Prague on my own

I was diagnosed with Alzheimers in Dec 2017.
I only had mild cognitive impairment but a great deal of myeloid brain plaque.
I had one gene positive for AZ.

Today I was able to find my way to the Prague Castle by myself.
I asked the front desk at the hotel how to get by metro to Prague palace.
I had been. here for two days so I was already somewhat oriented.

I got off the metro and followed the signs to the palace.
I had the some hints from other travelers to bear right, not left.
That hint helped a lot.

I had a private car tour the day before and that helped me with reverse engineering.


I found the entrance to metro

 I took escalator down
 I validated my day transport ticket

 After going through some tunnels  I found the correct platform




I knew I wanted the green line

 On the surface I crossed this bridge



 The signs were a great help.
 View from the palace

 How I looked after my odyssey.  5,000 steps
 On the Charles Bridge
 Liter of beer and sauerkraut soup at Old Square.   Perfect replenishment.

 Later that evening after walking 20,000 steps for the day.  A new record.


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous day you had! Kind of reminds me of the old days, "Look out, Brian is driving to the hoop!" "Two points and a trip to the line!!" When the man makes up his mind, there is no stopping him. Please keep those photos coming, they make my day. That selfie you took in the mirror... you're looking good!

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...