Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Happy days are here again in Berlin


On the fifth day of travel after a very long sleep at Westin hotel,  I felt surprisingly upbeat and happy looking forward to our bus tour of Eastern Europe that begins tomorrow.
Finally, peace and serenity after a Herculean list of tasks that had to be completed.

August 28  Weds

Task one: Refill Alzheimers medicine.
Maybe this is why Alzheimers patients should not travel? link


August 29 Fri.

Task two: Reschedule to fly out of Nassau a day early to avoid Hurricane Dorian

August 30 Fri

Task Three: Reschedule flight after connection flight from Miami to Madrid is cancelled.
After 3 hours, waiting my wife gets a new flight to London and then Berlin but we have to spend an extra day in Miami waiting.  The airline does comp us two nights at nice hotel. We remember at last minute to change our Westin reservation in Berlin.  We save 70,000 points.

 August 31 Sat. 

Task Four: Seeking relief

Rest and relaxation and finding a new good fast food restaurant next to hotel.
The unexpected discoveries in travel that joyfully surprise.



Inexpensive and wonderful tropical flavors with chicken grilled in front of you.

Sept 1-2, 2019 Sunday and Monday

Task Five:  Surviving jet lag and anger 

Travel stalls in London link

Sept 3, 2019  Ties

Task Six:  A new attitude and a new challenge

I only have 8 days remaining of Aricept (Donepezil) pills and none of memantine.

I was able to get 10 days of Aricept in Nassau.  

I had to go out in Berlin to get 20 more days of both medications to last me till Oct.

I asked help from Westin concierge. 

He said a private MD could come to hotel to write a prescription for 130 Euros. 
The concierge suggested  I go to a local clinic three blocks away.  
Cost to see MD for 10 minutes was 35 Euros, much cheaper than $135 in Nassau. 
Cost to get the two medicines for a month supply will be 85 Euros.  It cost about the same to buy 10 days of brand Aricept in Nassau. 

I did all this on my own while my wife re-organized our luggage and rested. 

The completion of this last task today brought me great satisfaction and gratification. 

After a week of six Herculean tasks for a Alzheimers patient
 I have survived and feel great. 

No stress, no boredom, no alcohol just success. 




















1 comment:

  1. Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun - unless one is a psychological masochist. You did not like all the stress, but felt real good about ultimately getting through all the hassles and challenges. That sounds like the philosopher who bangs his head, because it feels real good when he stops. Or has there been more fun?

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...