Saturday, May 22, 2021

Flavinoides for Alzheimers




 2020 article on Flavonoids for AZ link

Conclusions

Our findings imply that higher long-term dietary intakes of flavonoids are associated with lower risks of ADRD and AD.


I had been eating 65% dark chocolate but I wanted to cut calories and despite a sweet taste I didn't crave it. 


Now that I am in my fourth year Alzheimers I am trying to follow more of the ReCode recommendations


They recently advised I put the high precenage dark chocolate in my morning coffee to hide the bitter taste.  This is working.  


I use Lindt dark chocolate 95%.

One piece is 50 calories. 


From my limited reading the chocolate should have less heavy metals (cadium and lead) than the cocoa powder  or cocao powder?

 I get this information from The End of Alzheimer's Program 2020, page 172. 


Richard S. Isaacson  M.D. and Christopher N. Ochner Phd wrote a book published in 2016 titled,  The Alzheimer's Prevention and Treatment Diet


On page 175 they give the specific advice of starting with "150 mg of cocoa flavanols a day.  After a week, if the cocoa has been well tolerated,  increase the amount to aboutl 375 mg a day."


I wrote the Lindt company:



Looking at Sanjay Gupta MD book:

Keep Sharp, Build a better brain at any age.

Published 2021 I saw no mention of Flavanols. 


Dr. Gupta writeswrites:

1- "Most people get their antioxidant fix in caffeine.' p 174

2- "Alcohol can be a part of a healthy diet" p 174

3- "For men moderation is two drinks a day (a drink is 5 oz. wine

1.5 oz of liquor (one shot), 12 oz of beer.) 

4- "some studies indicate there are some adverse effects from acohol consumption.   Alcohol consumed even in moderate quantites has been linked with negative brain health outcomes  in some people.  And therein lies the difference: in some people.








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...