Thursday, September 17, 2015

Update on Tubby Theory - Add Zetia to list of proven drugs and lower LDLc is better








The Tubby Theory advises goal LDLp <750 nbsp="" p="">
IMPROVE-IT showed that lower LDLc is better.


Dr. Dayspring disagrees with using Niacin before Zetia as a second drug. I quoted an article on March 26,2014 by Dr. Dayspring where he defended Niacin in 2 of the outcome trials before, but now he reverses himself. 
 Here is an exchange I had on twitter with him. 

Need trial low dose combo vs. high dose statin in high risk naive drug group before we can be certain which is best




  1. I am suggesting a head to head trial is needed in naive drug patients. Low dose statin/matrix niacin 1k mg vs High dose statin. Result?? 
  2. I one arm does not reach LDLp goal then add zetia to that arm.
  3. Goal is to avoid side effects while reaching LDLp goal.
  1. I love Zetia as 3rd drug. Economics for society calls for cheapest, safest treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...