Monday, September 28, 2015

Defending Nina Teicholz


I try to look more closely at the arguments 
made against BMJ article (link above)


I looked up the first critical part, Bonnie Liebman made about Nina Teicholz article. 

 I copied the actual conclusion of the Cochrane author in my link above.  Here is an excerpt: 

"The findings of this updated review(2015) are suggestive of a small but potentially important reduction in cardiovascular risk on reduction of saturated fat intake."

Liebman writes:"The meta-analysis and second review, whose senior author has been heavily funded by the dairy industry, had serious flaws."

It is suggested Dr. RM Krauss is influenced by the dairy industry and that  "the lack of a significant association between saturated fat intake and CHD may well reflect the consequences of regression dilution bias."
"About half of the studies used 1-d dietary assessments or some other unvalidated method. Food intake varies from day to day, and there is a substantial literature showing that a single 24-h recall provides a poor estimation of the usual dietary intake of an individual"

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...