Saturday, August 31, 2019

Crash and Burn Travel stress test for Alzheimers patient

Part Two of yesterday's blog:

 Supreme test traveling with Alzheimers link


"Crash and burn" 

The last blog ended with me at the Lounge cafe with a glass of wine and the internet while my wife went out to check on our 9:30 PM re-scheduled flight. 

I thought it was unnecessary. 
I was very wrong and it lead to a very stressful situation for us. 

After 2 hours waiting I noticed it was Nine PM. 
Where is Ginger?
I can't find my iPhone to call her. 
I go to to Lounge front counter where they tell me the 9:30 PM flight has been cancelled.
I am still panicked that I haven't heard from Ginger but at least I know we have not missed our flight.

The man behind the counter calls Ginger.  She says she is next in line to get a new flight to Germany.

I find her down the hall at the Admiral Club where business and first class tickets can get new tickets in a smaller line.  

We find each other and she asks me where her small bag where the money is kept.  

I freak and race the five minutes back to my table in the lounge. 
Thankfully the cash bag is still there.  
Also unbeknownst to me my iPhone was in there the whole time! 

Wow! Another major meltdown of stress in one week. 

Maybe Alzheimers patients should not travel?

We get complimentary hotel for two nights at EB Hotel near the Miami Airport. 

Nice place.  The hotel check-in man could tell we have had a bad day and puts us in a deluxe suite.  Very nice. 

We settle in our room and try to compose ourselves. 

We were both angry with each other.  

We get over it and I muse that we actually did very well. 

We planned for just such a catastrophe by reserving Berlin Weston rooms five days before our Bus Tour started. 

We also call Weston and cancel the first two nights reservation, thereby saving 70,000 points.  

Now we feel even better and go to bed. 

We will make our Eastern Europe Bus tour. 

Unless Hurricane Dorian does not allow us to fly out tomorrow night.  


We will not tour Miami today.
We have been here before. 
No regrets as we like our days of rest.  

Neurologists advice:

Plan trips with rest stops in between. 

I am binging on Net Flix  MINDHUNTER season two.  

No residual stress from yesterday. 

Good sleep as usual. 

No valium or alcohol needed. 

We coped.  Hurray. 

Happy ending. 

Bill Murray told young people at a wedding he crashed that a couple should travel around the world together before they get married.

Best way to see if your marriage will last. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...