Saturday, August 17, 2019

I watched movie: Alice I'm still here #1

Aug 17, 2019

Still Alice link to movie 

I saw this for first time. 
It it excellent.  
I didn't watch it last year because I didn't want it to bias the writing of my Alzheimers book.
Alice developed Early Onset Alzheimers disease at age 50.
I learned of my diagnosis on Alzheimers at age 65 just before my 66 year old birthday in Dec. 2017.
Alice disease and my disease are very different. 
Early onset Alzheimers can progress very quickly and the movie reflects this. 
I am waiting till I forget I have Alzheimers  published Feb 2019 reflects a very different path and prognosis.  
I had many similar experiences to Alice but I accepted my diagnosis as not having a cure and the goal for me was to have fun in my remaining days. Alice did her best, but in her speech to Alzheimers Association she said it had been hell.
Naturally the movie shows her emotional responses much more strongly than I had.
Alice states at one point: she "wishes she had cancer instead."
I have never felt this way. 
I am on  Namzaric as she was.  
Cancer has a great deal of therapy.  
It usually works but at great sacrifice to personal life. 
There is no physical pain with Alzheimers.  
In my last years I rather have no pain. 
Alice told her later self in a video to commit suicide with pills she the healthy Alice had hid away.  
As with most "plans of mice and men they usually go awry"

The sick Alice was happy to be eating her ice cream. 
That is all I want and someone to hold my hand. 

Update

I did more research later today and to my chagrin I found this:






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...