Monday, November 25, 2019

How to get your NON-fasting triglyceride less than 100


I wrote advice to get NON-fasting triglycerides less than 100 link

Now, I want to point out the 3 items to get to that goal:

1- Low carbohydrate high fat #ketosis diet

2- Enduracin (nicotinic acid) 1,000 mg/d

3- Lovaza (omega-3-acid ethyl esters) 1,000 to 4,000 mg a day


I will start with discussing the brand name: Lovaza.

I go to my pharmacy and ask for the generic version of Lovaza. 
It is very easy to do.  
You do need a Doctors prescription.

I like Lovaza because positive trials were done with it in Italy.

I like buying this drug (nutrient) because it has been much cheaper, especially on my medicare with the supplemental drug coverage. 

If no coverage you can find the cheapest SAM's or COSTCO version.  
Just do the math. 
1,000 mg Lovaza = EPA 465 mg + DHA 375 mg


Concerns have been expressed that DHA raises LDLc.
It is a fluffier, larger LDLp.
Thus the LDLp increase was never an issue for me in my practice. 

New great trials with only the EPA component suggest they may be better. 

1-statin
2-Enduracin
3-Zetia. 

All 3 are now generic (inexpensive) and at low doses have few sides effects.

I continue that model with generic Lovaza. 

Now that high triglycerides are receiving much more attention, I give the 3 steps (items) above. 

Try it out, then:

Add Zetia and then statin to get the 
that I write about.

This approach will achieve superlative target values as good as the 
expensive intravenous PCSK9 drug












No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...