Thursday, November 7, 2019

Insulin references in The Hungry Brain. by Stephen J. Guyenet



I have Stephan J. Guyenet's book, The Hungry Brain.

I missed his references to the central action of Insulin on the brain.

In his tweet below he writes, "The effect of insulin seems to be smaller and less consistent though."

I guess he is comparing it to low levels of leptin action on the brain?
My article on the paradoxical effects of insulin link

Excerpts:
1-Although many factors affect fat cells, the hormone insulin exerts dominant anabolic control. (peripherally)

2- Catabolic state of uncontrolled diabetes despite elevated blood glucose








I have tried to figure insulin and leptin effect in lean, obese and reduced obese. Article from Aug 2017
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5583684/

























No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...