Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Probiotics for Alzheimers ?

My only experience taking probiotics was when I had horible diarrhea on a Viking Cruise to
Cambodia.

It cleared up my diarrhea in one night.

I have had to decrease my metformin from 4,000 mg to 1,000 over the last year because of intermittent diarrhea.
I have decided to take probiotics daily to to try to increase my metformin.
Heck it might even help me lose weight.
I decided to spend $13 at SAMS rather than Mercola's $140 bottle.


This is what Dr. Dale Bredesen in his book The End of Alzheimers.

People need probiotics according to Dr. Bredesen unless they have leaky gut syndrome. 

I spoke to my Endocrinologist about Probiotics this week.

He said it helped his bowel movements.

He found Sam's to have the cheapest product.

The pharmacist suggested the Gummies below:
















The excerpts below are from The End of Alzheimers p 203






30-50 billion CFU (colony forming units)

My Sams product has only 3 billion CFUs at a cost of $13.

Here is a high price alternative






UPDATE Jan 26, 2021

I sent in a stool sample to Thryve to determine which bacteria I lack in my stool.  On sale it cost $100.  




Instructions were very clear and not messy at all. 






1 comment:

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...