Thursday, February 25, 2021

Festination of Gait

I have Alzheimers diagnosed in 12-17.


Today I had festination of gait and fell again. 

I don't believe I have Parkinsons.  


Yesterday while walking my Newfoundland despite many attempts to slow down, I fell.  There was nothing around me.  At one point I called my big dog (115 pounds) and pushed on her back to help get me up and balance me as I got up.  As I was about 90% upright she paniced and pulled away which made me fall again.  I was one half block away from my house.  I lay on the sidewalk like a beached whale.  This is not the first time this has happened on my walk with hills.   Amazing no one walks by or drives by to see me.  As often often happens when needed most my phone said try again  later.  After I rested I was able to get into a squat position without falling over and slowly carefully stood up.  I felt my knee bleeding and I felt a scrap on my forehead from contact on the concrete. I am on a blood thinner but fortunately I had little swelling.  Not like my blackeye last year.  

Later I fell at home after too much alcohol and had a concussion. 

Concussion in March 2020 link

Post concussion syndrome April 2020 link


I am not sure the advice below will help much? 

My problem occurs when I walk downhill.















No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...