Sunday, March 29, 2020

My concussion with Alzheimers

 16 days ago I fell after drinking too much with my brother.

I didn't think I had a concussion as I did not lose consciousness.

However as my headache persisted I realized I did have a concussion.

It was not difficult to give up alcohol at that point because I concussions were bad for the brain. 
I do have one gene for Alzheimers with ApoE4

I did have two concussions in my life.
A baseball hit my face and knocked me out for a while.
I got knocked out once by a punch, not as bad but I did go down on my knees.



The other problem is many of the 10 symptoms of Concussion are ones I already had with Alzheimers with the exception I rarely have a headache especially one of this intensity that I still have 15 days later,
but it is better in terms of duration during the day.







Slurred speech did not happen.  I can still speak as well as in these two radio interviews a year apart.

Go to this blog People don't believe I have Alzheimer's link 

to finds links to my 15 minute radio interviews.





Worse confusion is difficult to gage but I did make a big mistake in testing my ketone level with blood strips.  I have no trouble to test my glucose with a different strip but my ketone strips were not working I kept retesting over the days and once or twice I would get a result.  I still thought the strips were bad.
Then today I realized my repeated mistake when the strips did not work, I was putting the strips in backwards.




I have been getting more dizziness over the last two years with my Alzheimer's.
After my concussion it became much worse.
Duration now less but I can still get severe imbalance.


I definitely had mood changes with Alzheimer's which I documented here:
 Personality changes with Alzheimer's link




I don't find my memory is worse.
Of course my short term memory has been terrible with Alzheimers.
I can still remember the 55 countries of Europe with my:

 MEMORY PALACE link



I still sleep and eat well.
However I only eat one plate at dinner now 
which is unusual for me 
especially since I am so hungry at Intermittent fasting. 





No nausea at all.
I rarely vomit even with drinking ETOH
I rarely vomit or have










No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...