Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Chapter one of my YEAR FIVE book on my Alzheimers

 



Chapter one

Starting the Fifth Year with good numbers

October 26, 2021


Weight 193.2 new low

Fat percentage 23.1% 

Water percentage 57.8


I was 280 pounds. I could not keep my weight down to 200 pounds till I increased my Ozempic shot to 1.0 mg a week.  It greatly decreased my appetite.  Exercise has had little effect on losing or maintaining weight loss.  You can’t outrun your fork.


I have been on a Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet since 2011.  I have been in a state of nutritional ketosis since then. 


Today my fasting glucose was very low for me at 108.  It usually runs at 150. 

I believe I developed type 2 Diabetes Mellitus from long term central obesity.  

I skip breakfast each morning and thus fast for 12-15 hours.

Today my ketone level was 3.6. I think this is important for my Alzheimers. 

Improved mental performance has been seen if ketone level is greater than 3.0.

My LDLp (particle number) has been less than 300.

My non-fasting triglycerides are less than 100. Due fish oil and nicotinic acid. 

My LDLc is 34. Due to lipitor 10 mg. 

My blood pressure is usually less than 120 systolic due to ramipril and cardizem. 


This is why I don’t think I will have a stroke or a heart attack. 

My fear is falling as my balance gets worse and I have developed festination. 

I have remedied this by using a cane going down and trying not to party too hard with alcohol.  Last year I did that and had a subdural hematoma while on blood thinner Xarelto.  


Here is my first BIA when I started at an Obesity Clinic on 6-23-15




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...