Monday, October 25, 2021

Introduction to Year Five Alzheimers book

October 25, 2021

 Introduction to Year Five

Avoiding falling off Cliffs with Alzheimers

Am I one of the Alzheimers survivors?

I guess I was too pessimistic when I wrote my Year One book.  I am waiting for when I forget I have Alzheimers. I thought with Namzaric I could only hope for 2 good years before I fell off the cliff of the survival curve and had a severe loss of cognition.  Afterall I don’t do a great job controlling my Diabetes Mellitus type 2. 

Other than the head injury which I had with a small subdural hematoma when I fell after drinking I doubt I will fall off a sudden cliff because my blood pressure is low and my cholesterol is very low with medications.  Thus no stroke or heart attack is in my future. 

During Covid shutdown I decided to try supplements as advised by Dr Bredesen and Dr Isaacson. They both had poster children for their program.  Julie and Rogen.  Thus I started the ReCode program at a Holistic clinic in Lawrence, Kansas.  I have completed twelve.   months and don’t plan to continue with visiting the clinic now that my year's contract is done. I mostly wanted a Doctor familiar with all the supplements to slowly guide me on starting them.  Presently I take  fourteen new supplements.  I tolerate them well except for some mild esophago-gastric reflux.  Have they helped me? All I can say is I seem to be maintaining the status quo on the most part.  My wife and I still notice some more short term memory loss.  I do think I am more emotionally stable which I contribute to Ashwagandha. 

What will the Fifth Year bring?

I am open to taking the new Alzheimer's drug, Aduhelm (aducanumab).

I am waiting for the one year post treatment analysis before I make a decision. 


In the meantime I plan to have fun. 

We have scheduled 6 cruises, one Tauck tour in Ireland and 3 USA trips. 

After next year I am willing to roll the dice on Aduhelm (aducanumab) and get the expensive monthly  IV infusions each month.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...