Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Letter to my kids informing them of new adjustments to my Alzheimers

 Dear Luke, Sarah and Andrew,

Finishing up on the Viking Ocean Cruise.
I rarely say this about a cruise but it has been disappointing.
The last Viking river cruises we took in France were excellent in comparison. 

Of course I also get tired since my SAH (bleed).
I have been sleeping longer to try to rectify that.  
I also have skipped a couple of tours.

We are in Canterbury and I feel well rested and the sun is out so I am planning on taking the tour today.

The cold wind on prior tours was rough on me. 

I think my palette (taste) has been affected by my SAH. I find red and white wine harsh  on my tongue.
I have been disappointed with what is supposed to be their best cuisine.  

We are planning to cancel some of our future cruises.  

I would rather stay home in Topeka and do my routine. 

Hence we are adjusting to my disease. 

No big disappointment felt other than it is annoying to not get the hang of the ship landmarks. 

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...