Monday, June 20, 2022

I found this article on Alzheimers to be excellent.

 What to expect with Alzheimers link


For me this was very true when I was diagnosed with AZ in Dec. 2017. This is why I have written a yearly account of how I have been doing over the last four years. 
                                         YEAR FOUR


Presently I am writting the YEAR 5 book to be titled: Trying to Avoid Falling Off Cliffs. 



One of my first concerns was what was my prognosis?

I read that Namzaric could keep me at a level cognition for 2 years. 

Then I learned it was usually a heart attack or stroke to cause a sudden severe drop in cognition.

I have had 2 falls with 2 cerebral bleeds. 

After the subarchnoid bleed my navigation skills became worse.

SAH  link

Falling off a Cliff link

Subdural hematoma link






I was surprised how sensitive I became.  Especially in having arguments with my wife.  Very stressful and I would be depressed the rest of the day.

I am also surprised how easily I am fatigued.  Long phone calls can cause it.  I say goodbye to friends and family because I get tired. 

I also lost interest in doing many things especially leaving the home to go on little trips.  I rather stay in the comfort of my TV and man cave.  I still like grocery shopping.  Last week my Aide drove me in her car to Sams and I bought $296 worth of groceries on my own.

I regret not doing balance exercises after I first noticed was having balance problems










No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...