Thursday, July 11, 2019

Update on comparing my cognitive testing 471 days ago and today





471 days ago I saw my KUMCR or Alzheimer's private physician, Dr Swerdlow, for the first time.
Today I saw him a second time.
He gave me the same mental status exam that he gave me 16 months ago.

He then compared the two exams.
He said I did better this time.

I told him about my memory palace techniques that I learned from Moonwalking with Einstein.

I also had less stress taking the test.

Perhaps that is why I did a little better.

The 3 Hour Cognitive Test I took for my non-treatment trial on June 11, 2019.
I thought I did better than last year.
Perhaps because I have been off statin for 1-2 months?

Dr Swerdlow called today's cognitive was more of a blunt instrument.
But he told me exactly how I did better.
On my non-treatment trial they would not tell me if I did better or not.
I restarted Lipitor (atorvastatin) but at half the dose 5mg five days ago.

Dr. Swerdlow says he avoids the lipophilic statins.
He takes a very low dose of a hydrophilic statin called Crestor (rosuvastatin)
I may switch to low dose Crestor after my lipid profile in 25 days.

I suspect my LDLp will be below 1,000 with the addition with very low dose statin.

Dr. Swerdlow told me his trial on ketosis helping Alzheimers was a low range of ketosis not the high levels needed for epilepsy.  I am almost always greater that 0.5 since 2011.





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...