Monday, July 22, 2019

Can Cholesterol be too low for the brain?


Lab from Nov 2014
I obtained a break down of specific cholesterol levels as my LDLp was extremely low. 
Mayo only tells me my desmosterol is at a normal level but not too low?


Subsequently I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in Dec 2017.

This week I learned of a lecture from Peter Toth stating that low cholesterol does not cause dementia but probably prevents Alzheimer's.


My systolic blood pressure runs between 100-120.

Perhaps my biggest problem is Diabetes Mellitus with Hgb A1c from 7.0 to 8.0

I do have apoE 4 positive in one allele.

My advise keep:

1- non-HDLc less that 100
2- systolic BP around 120
3- check insulin level and fasting glucose.

If fasting glucose greater than 95 go on Low Carb High Fat diet lose 5 lbs and don't gain weight.

Walking and weight lifting also a good idea.



Desmosterol level  of 1.2 mg/l for me is normal according to Mayo Clinic result above.

Difficult to find out what a low Demosterol is?









I am back on Lipitor (atorvastatin) 5 mg with Zetia and Endur-acin. I get my apoB level this week.


A talk this year(2019) given by Dr Peter Toth says there it is more likely that statins lower risk of cognitive impairment.


Slide one




 Slide two


Slide three from Dr Toth's talk.



The Demosterol/Cholesterol ratio?





No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...