Monday, July 29, 2019

Update on my Alzheimers

Diagnosis of Alzheimers made December 2017

Now 20 months later I am very happy I could write a point counter point article on:
  
Robert Mueller Hearing at the House link



It required focus and effort but it was very gratifying to accomplish it this week.

First Incident

This morning I tried to pay my credit card bill.  My wife does the other bills.

I have a bill problem transposing numbers.  I have had this problem before Dec. 2017.

I try to be more careful, however I could not sign onto my bank account.

I continued on the computer to change my password.

I have the passwords in a book.

The bank asked me for the data and still did not recognize me.

Then I realized the expiration date I put in was 6-2020.

I got confused that I thought I had passed the expiration date and had not received a new credit card. Concluding that was why I could not sign onto my bank account.

I called HELP at the bank and while signing in again with HELP on the phone,  I realized I got the year wrong.  The card shows expiration date as 6-20.

I finally changed my password.

I also left a better trail of notes with the changes.

Second incident

We recently came back to our Florida residence from Kansas.
This morning I sorted out which refills I needed on my medications.  

I use Hy-Vee in Topeka as my supplemental insurance prefers it to Walmart, which I preferred.

I get Belviq, my diet pill at CVS in Topeka as it sells it very low price.

Today in Florida,  I remembered to call CVS for Belvig.

However, I was thinking of getting the other medications at Walmart.  I even discussed it with my
wife.

Fortunately, before calling Walmart, I remembered we don't use Walmart in Florida either.

Third Incident

My wife drives me to the lab to have my blood drawn.
I check in on the computer kiosk.
The receptionist then tells me there is no order for the lab.
I call the MD's office.  I am told they send the lab to Quest.
I then remember reading that.
For some reason my brain took me to Lab Corp.
No problem, Doc immediately sent a fax order to Lab Corp.
I prefer Lab Corp over Quest.  I guess subconscious was at work?

These sequential incidents of mistakes, increase my stress which make me hyper and angry.

I finally got home and self medicated with a glass of wine.

I get into to these details to show that while I can hold my own writing or speaking about politics, cholesterol or obesity I clearly have cognitive impairment.

I am getting close to finishing my YEAR TWO book on my Alzheimers but as I promised in my YEAR ONE book, my readers can kept track of my disease on twitter and blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...