Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dangerous situation for Alzheimers

This past week I started reading fiction again.

I had to get away from the toxic interchange on email with two friends writing was all toxic fiction.

I always read a lot every day when I find interesting links on twitter.  Those links often inspire me to write in my blog which will be the basis for my book.

My wife gave me a Ken Foullett book,  The Man from Saint Petersburg.
I loved he historical series on Europe.  Long books that left me wanting more after I finished them.
I like historical fiction.

I found in writing friends about COVID-19 with conservative friends I became very upset.

They don't have a scientific background while I am Board certified in Infectious Disease.

They don't believe in the numbers or the models despite 50,000 deaths this week from COVID-19.

The numbers in USA maybe low as Belgium has much higher per capita deaths with a more rigorous accounting method.

Belgium has highest rate of deaths in Europe  link


The persistence of my right wing friends to continue to not believe credible references that I offer but send me references from non- credible sources.

It wore me out.
I couldn't continue the dialogue while in the past I enjoyed it.
Could this be a result of my concussion or  a worsening of my Alzheimer’s

These are good friends which is why it's not similar to toxic twitter.
I don't take the fiction or the impolite responses seriously.
However from my friends it devastated me.
I became very angry.
It depressed me.
They were toxic so I stop responding and these two friends were among the most supportive when they learned of my Alzheimers diagnosis.

I always hated the advice don't talk about religion, politics or sex.
Especially the sex subject.

I just have to discern which people are the most toxic.
They are still good friends but I will not engage their ridiculous links.














1 comment:

  1. It could be the AZ. Could be concussion. Could be they're assholes. I had a great conversation with you yesterday and then you were gone. I hope I didn't cause frustration.

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...