Saturday, April 18, 2020

Lost my wife in 6 room condo

With the COVID 19 epidemic my wife and I stay in our condo.

Her sleeping pattern has changed, waking up 3-5 AM then looks for another room so she doesn't wake me while she reads.

Usually she goes to the study and sleeps in a large chair. 

A couple of times I have opened the door and she is not there.
I had walked across the condo to get to that room.
 No hint of where she is.
I avoid calling out to her, as I don't want to wake her.
So I go to the quest room but she never sleeps there because she will have to remake the bed.

I look in the laundry room as sometimes I find her in there working early to pass the time in that small space.

When I find her its always a surprise because there is no noise.

I have now exhausted all possibilities.
I have been in every room.

I am perplexed.
She wouldn't leave the condo without a note.

I don't panic I go to the windows on the big room looking out on the beach to open the shades.
Beautiful morning.

I turn around and there she is asleep on the couch.
The couch hides her as I walked by it a couple of times in my search.

This has happened twice.

As my Alzheimer's gets worse I guess we will need a smaller condo.

In my search I do get my steps in.






No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...