Thursday, April 30, 2020

When do I leave Florida before Hurricane season.



Trump said we would not reach 60,000 deaths.
So many failed predictions.
Each individual has to make their own survival plan.
My wife and I had tickets to fly home to Kansas on March 29.
I knew that Kansas would not be hit as hard as Florida.

March 16.
 My initial plan link

I wrote the family about our plans.  
They didn't want us to fly, they told us to stay in Florida. 

March 17
 Family vetos our plane trip home in 3 days on March 21 link

March22

 Post decision analysis link

March 23 
Worse situation in a pandemic. To be Hurricane refugee

April 30
l decided we need to get out of Florida before August when most hurricanes hit. 
My wife and I plan to fly out first week of June.

If we wait longer there will be more people with the virus and more risk. 




Data from Florida April 29



2 comments:

  1. I am getting cabin fever ready to go first week of June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabin fever should not problem, go outside and take a brief walk on the beach, sit in a chair, have a picnic pool side, or play hide and seek.
    We go for drives to places we haven't been for awhile, and find ourselves doing driving to Publix and doing errands in town.
    The authorities didn't want us visit friends, go to church, shop in department stores and eat at restaurants. Bastards; that's our retired lifestyle gone to pot. Nevertheless, We are surviving nicely.
    June 1 sounds like a reasonable to leave. Tropical storms come in June and then the heat builds up and there's hurricanes in August thru October.
    Hope to see you before you leave. At least come to Minneola and I'll take you to the Orlando Airport.
    Be well, Steve

    ReplyDelete

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...